Sunday 24 January 2010

For Ever

''If I could do it now, I'd move out, leave the town, maybe the country and not want to see you for years'', I tell her. And it's true. But it's also true I'd miss her every single day, every single hour and every single minute.

So after weeks after it broke out - and after so much of bad and hurtful stuff happened - I realise that despite everything that's happening, I still want to be close to her.

When she's a bitch, and she often is, she's a nasty bitch. But when she's gentle, she's the gentlest; when she's sweet, she's the sweetest, when she's generous, she's the most generous; when she is beautiful, she's the most beautiful in the world (OK, this doesn't make sense - she's simply beautiful). And when she's in love, she's the most in love in the whole world. (Ah, let's not get into that now - I want to write not to moan).

And when someone is like that, it never goes away completely. Whatever they do, they've been branded with that supreme goodness, sweetness, gentleness, love-giving. If you're a stranger, you may not see it in them. But if you were there at the right place and time and heard it with your own ears, saw it with your own eyes, felt it with your own lips - they'll never stop being like that for you - it's for ever.

1 comment:

  1. I've just read it again. I quite like it!

    (I know I may be biased).

    ReplyDelete