Thursday 28 January 2010

Was He Nuts Or...?

Probably he wasn't. For a moment I felt ashamed at the type of person my wife chose for - or let become - her lover: he comes to MY place and demands to see me and is agressive, to boot. Surely, he must be a nutter, criminal or the worst kind of chav, I thought. And was sorry for her and embarassed by her judgement.

(Strange: on the one hand I want her to have a crap lover, firstly - so that she gets dissapointed and starts missing me, comes back on her knees ... and I say 'No', at least at the beginning. On the other - I still feel that whatever she does reflects on me: she should have a lover I could proudly walk next to! If you know what I mean. Do you?).

Then I realise that he decided to defend by attack, which adds up in view of his apparent stategy: to deny everything (''We're just friends'', said one of his texts). The problem was he didn't know how much I knew: that my wife admitted to the affair and that I 'intercepted' some texts that actually didn't leave much to admitting. So his line of defence was to pretend outrage at my 'false' accusations. In this context his visit makes sense - he was so 'upset' by what I had 'suggested' that he decided immediatelly and forcefully to clarify the matter and reprimand me for even suggesting such a possibility.

So what to me seemed a completely mad or vulgar step, was for him part of a calculated, well thought-out plan. Kind of, as he seems to have forgotten to do his homework.

Will it be the mistake that may cost him his sweet lover?

Something will happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment